I created the code design board as a medium for blind learners to design their programs. It which is a magnetic board with magnetic strips for each command that learners can arrange to create their design. The strips have a written label identifying command and on top is placed a clear sticker with the braille representation. The board can be used in a number of ways in order to scaffold the learning process:
1. Providing them with a complete program design to read and interpret,
2. Giving them a partially complete program design that they need to complete using given pieces
3. Providing them with the mixed-up commands they need to create a program design
4. Starting with a blank board and getting them to say which pieces they need to create the design
5. Using their design as a reference when constructing the program using a physical or text-based language.